Mayapur is the birth place of Lord Sri Chitanya Mahaprabhu. Devotees from many parts of the world have devoted their lives here. A lot of people come here specially during Janmashtami & Gaura Purnima. The main attraction here is the Chandrodaya Temple built by ISKCON. 350-feet high Temple of Vedic Planetarium is under construction & once completed will be the World’s largest temple & is scheduled to inaugurate in 2022. You can also visit Ballal Dhipi in Bamanghata & Nabadwip, another temple town by crossing the Jalangi River. You can read about the history of Mayapur here.
- How to reach from Kolkata to Mayapur ISKCON Temple?
- Prasadam (Fooding)
- Important Event Timings
Also check our Weekend Getaways from Kolkata.
How to reach Mayapur from Kolkata ?
By train: From Sealdah board Krishnanagar Local or any Lalgola bound train & get down at Krishnanagar, take a toto to bus stand & board a Krishnanagar-Hular Ghat route bus to Mayapur.
From Howrah, board a Katwa bound train & get down at Nabadwip Dham or Bishnupriya Halt, take a toto to Nabadwip Ghat & a boat to Hular Ghat.
By Bus: AC bus is operated by ISKCON, SBSTC & Non AC, AC, VOLVO bus is operated by WBTC. Bus timings & booking links are provided here.
By car: Take NH34 from Kolkata, bypass Barasat, Ranaghat, Krishnanagar & take left from Chowgachha bus stop & go straight to Mayapur ISKCON Temple.
- Book Taxi/Reserve Bus: Gauranga Travels – 3472 245728, 9593479990
- Reserve Bus Booking – 33324 88041, 33645 88777
- The most popular restaurant inside is Govinda’s Restaurant.
- Breakfast is served in Sulabha Prasadam Hall.
- Coupons for Lunch are given from all temples from 6am & full meals are served at 1pm at Gada Bhawan, Geeta Bhawan & Sulabha Prasadam Hall.
- Coupons for Khichdi bhog are given upto 2pm.
- Dinner is served at Gada Bhawan & Geeta Bhawan from 8:30pm to 9pm.
- You will get prasadam from Mahaprasad counter.
- Radha Rasamrita in Gada Bhawan is another option for fooding.
Important Event Timings
- Mangala-arati: 4:30am
- Darsana-arati: 7:00am
- Bhoga Offering: 11:45am
- Bhoga-arati: 12 noon
- Dhupa Arati: 4pm
- Sandhya-arati: 6:00pm
- Shyana Arati: 8:15pm
Srila Prabhupada’s Pushpa Samadhi Mandir
- Srila Prabhupada arati: 4:00am
- Srila Prabhupada Guru Puja : 7:30am
- Bhoga-arati : 12:15pm
- Sandhya-arati : 6:00pm
Accommodations in ISKCON Temple Campus
You can also book from their Kolkata Office located at 3C, Albert Road, Kolkata – 700017.
If you have booked online in any of the accommodation in the temple campus, first of all go to Gada Bhawan Reception Counter & show your booking confirmation & fill the registration form & collect the booking slip. After collecting the booking slip, go to the reception of the accommodation you have booked & you’ll be given your room key. Check in & check out time is 9am. Single people not allowed.