Daringbadi , situated on the Eastern Ghat range, often is called The Kashmir of Odisha as it is said to have received snowfall once in hot and humid state of Odisha. Surrounded by forests, this is one of the few unexplored hill stations in Odisha. Gopalpur is a virgin beach and a popular weekend destination.
- How to get to Daringbadi & Gopalpur ?
- Top 22 Attractions and itinerary of Daringbadi & Gopalpur
- Car Hires
- Accommodations in Daringbadi
- Accommodations in Gopalpur
How to get to Daringbadi & Gopalpur ?
By air: The nearest Airport is in Bhubaneswar, you’ll get buses and cabs to Brahmapur, from where you’ll have to reserve a car to Daringbari. You’ll get auto rickshaws from Brahmapur to Gopalpur.
By train: The nearest railhead is Brahmapur(BAM), from where you’ll have to reserve a car to Daringbari. You’ll get auto rickshaws from Brahmapur to Gopalpur.
By bus: From Baramunda ISBT in Bhubaneswar, you can get many buses for Brahmapur, from where you’ll have to reserve a car or take the bus from Brahmapur to Sorada, again another bus from Sorada to Daringbari. You’ll get auto rickshaws from Brahmapur to Gopalpur. Some OSRTC bus timings, I have stated below, you can book your tickets from OSRTC app or here and timings may be subject to change :
- OSRTC Bhubaneswar to Brahmapur: 07:45(AC), 12:30, 15:15(AC), 18:30.
- OSRTC Brahmapur to Bhubaneswar: 01:30(AC), 02:00, 11:00, 13:45(AC), 18:00(AC), 22:45.
Also see, Bhubaneswar City GUIDE
Top 22 Attractions and itinerary of Daringbadi & Gopalpur
- DAY 01: Transfer to Daringbadi from Bramhapur or Bhubaneswar
- DAY 02: Coffee garden, Pine Forest, Sunset Point, Silent Valley, Mandasaru Waterfalls, Midubanda Waterfalls(have to go down and climb 181 steps), Scenic View Point. NS: Daringbadi or Mandasaru
- DAY 03: Hill View Park(2 watch towers), Nature Park, Butterfly Park, Lovers Point, Emu Breeding Centre. NS: Daringbadi or Mandasaru
- DAY 04: Harabhangi Dam, Taptapani Temple and Hot Spring, Khasada Waterfalls, Jiranga Monastery. NS: Daringbadi or Mandasaru
- DAY 05: Transfer from Daringbadi to Gopalpur. On way see Taratarini Temple and Vetnei, which is famous for Krishnasar Deer. Next after hotel check in, hangout in the beach, visit the lighthouse and evening beach market, NS: Gopalpur,
- DAY 06: Visit Haripur Beach, Aryapalli Beach, Tampara Lake, Rambha(boating & sunset).
- DAY 07: Return Brahmapur or Bhubaneswar for onward journey
- *NS – Night Stay
- Usually the hotels in Daringbadi in which you have to prebook, on request arrange for pick and drop from Brahmapur or Bhubaneswar, local sightseeing, etc. You will get cars to hire from Brahmapur. Also you can contact Mr Kittu(9437455390), Mr Sahu(9090532252) to go around in their cars.
- You can also hire car, tempo traveller, bus from Patra Travels for pick and drop from Bhubaneswar or Brahmapur. Check their details here.
- Deers Eco Home – 9438422452
- Utopia Home – 0684 9245385, 9437781972
- Hotel Utopia – 7008240548
- OFDC Nature Camp – (0)674 2531891
- Hotel Padma – 9438055313
- Hotel Goura – 8917574194
- Hotel Hill Top – 7978223475
- Hotel Mid Town – 7978749656, 9337335835 (Dormitory available)
- Mandasaru Eco Tourism Center(surrounded by a park, Sal forest and a watch tower; room tariff consists of fooding; bonfire and chicken barbeque arrangement on request)
- OTDC Panthanivas Ph.No.: 0674 2430764/2435618
- MAYFAIR Palm Beach Resort Ph.No.: 680 2227500, 9237500101
- Swosti Palm Resort Ph.No.: 9337476478, 9338015588, 1800 123 1414
- Sea View Resort Ph.No.: 9831083999
- Hotel Sea Pearl Ph.No.: 9883244245, 9331911437, 22845062
- Hotel Song of the Sea Ph.No: 9861535627
- Hotel Sea Side Breeze (budget hotel) Ph.No.: 9437325595
Also see, Bhubaneswar City GUIDE