For Visakhapatnam & Araku Valley BLOG page, please CLICK HERE.
- Probable Itinerary
- APTDC Conducted Tours and Car Rentals
- Important City Bus Routes of Visakhapatnam
DAY 01: Transfer to Vizag NS: Vizag.
DAY 02 and 03: Vizag Sightseeing (APTDC tour bus or hired car).
DAY 04: Transfer to Araku Valley along with sightseeing (APTDC tour bus or train or hired car), NS: Araku Valley.
DAY 05: Return Vizag or continue to Jagdalpur and Koraput.
*NS – Night Stay
If you want to stay in Tyada, you can stay at APTDC Jungle Bells or Mountain View Resorts. Jungle Bells has cottages to stay in forest and arranges for bonfire and also treks in the forest.
Top 20 Attractions in Visakhapatnam & Araku Valley
Visakhapatnam: RK Beach, Rushikonda Beach, Bheemili Beach, Thoklakonda, Simhachalam Temple, INS Kursura Submarine Museum(Monday closed), Navy Aircraft Museum, Visakha Museum, Kailasagiri Park, VUDA Park, Indira Gandhi National Zoological Park, Rama Naidu Studios, Dolphin Hill, Yarada Beach.
Araku Valley: Anantagiri Coffee Plantations, Borra Caves, Katika Water Falls, Galikonda View Point, Tribal Museum, Padmapuram Garden.
APTDC Conducted Tours and Car Rentals
Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation(APTDC) organises conducted city sightseeing tours around Visakhapatnam to important tourist attractions. They also conduct such tours to Araku Valley, Tirupati and other places from Visakhapatnam. You can choose from and book with them here.
- Visakhapatnam local sightseeing can be done in APTDC conducted tour bus which departs from RTC Complex or by hired vehicle. APTDC conducted tours include sightseeing, entry fees and lunch in Haritha Resort in Rushikonda. You can book with them here. Spending the evening in RK Beach can be a delight.
- Araku Valley tour can be done in APTDC conducted tour bus which leaves Visakhapatnam RTC Complex in morning and returns by evening or by hired vehicle. APTDC conducted tours include sightseeing, entry fees, breakfast at Haritha Hotel, lunch at Haritha Valley Resort in Araku Valley and tea snacks at Jungle Bells. You can book with them here. I have also heard of travellers booking Ola outstation from Visakhapatnam to Araku Valley.
- You can board 58501/Visakhapatnam – Kirandul Passenger from Visakhapatnam to Araku. Make sure to book tickets in the Vistadome coach meant for tourists. You can hire a car from Araku station or Bora Guhalu station available plenty of them to go around or board the APTDC conducted tour bus coming from Visakhapatnam for sightseeing. In that case, make sure to inform at the APTDC office in Visakhapatnam beforehand. You can book your train tickets here.
- You can stay in Araku valley and continue towards Jagdalpur which is famous for it’s waterfalls and Koraput or return to Visakhapatnam.
Important City Bus Routes of Visakhapatnam
The city bus service by APSRTC is very good. The front half of the buses accessed by front door is for ladies and back side accessed by back door is for gents. Some routes touching tourist destinations are stated below:
- 6A/H – RTC Complex to Simhachalam Temple.
- 10K – Visakhapatnam Railway Station to Kailashgiri Park via RTC Complex, RK Beach.
- 400N – RTC Complex to Vadacheepurupalli via Railway Station, ScIndia.
- 48A – Madhavadhara to OHPO via RTC Complex, Purna Market.
- 16 – Purna Market to Yarada Beach via ScIndia.
APSRTC buses from: Visakhapatnam to Araku: 05:00, 13:15.
Araku to Visakhapatnam:
Visakhapatnam to Jagdalpur: 18:00, 22:30(OSRTC; AC)
Jagdalpur to Visakhapatnam: 19:45, 21:00(OSRTC; AC)
South Indian cuisine food is locally available all over the city. You can try out:
- Breakfast at Sai Ram Parlour which serves amazing South Indin cuisine
- Pasta at Flying Spagetti Monster.
- Dakshin restaurant in Daspalla Hotel, specially their Chicken Chettinad and Guntur Chicken
- Another Fine Day restaurant in Sai Priya Beach Resort near Rushikonda Beach.
- The Square, sea facing restaurant in Novotel.
- Since most of the tourists are from West Bengal, there is a bengali restaurant named Hotel Nimantran which serves Bengali cuisine food.
- APTDC has a resort and a hotel in Visakhapatnam and three resorts and a forest cottage in Araku. Check out and book your rooms here.
- Hotel Jaipur Palace Ph.No.: 8912751212
- YMCA Visakhapatnam
Ph. No.: 0891-2755826/ 2724178/ 2575118, 8297223480
- Dolphin Hotel Ph.No.: 891 2567000/ 6666677
- Hotel Sonar Bangla
Ph.No.: 9849372847, 7032478538
- Hotel Nirala Saikate
- Hotel Gupta Inn Ph.No.: 0891- 2555531, 0891-2555541, 7842555541
- Jaabily Beach Inn
Ph.No.: 0891 2706026, 0891 2706468
- Ashoka Residency Ph.No.: 0891 6632297, 0891 6632298