Bolpur situated in Birbhum district of West Bengal is famous for Visva Bharati University campus setup by Rabindranath Tagore and several connections with the Tagore family, Sonajhuri forest, saturday haat featuring several handicrafts, Poush Mela, etc. are among other major attractions.
How to reach from Kolkata?
By road: Distance from Kolkata to Bolpur is 160 kms. Take Durgapur Expressway from Kolkata and turn right from Burdwan Nababhat More to reach Bolpur.
Attractions in Bolpur
Visva-Bharati University, Chhatim tala, Rabindra Bhavan, Uttarayana, Cheena Bhavana, Upasana Griha, Sonajhuri Forest, Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary & Deer Park, Amar Kutir, Kopai River View Point, Buddha Vihar, Raipur Jamidar Bari.
You can book a toto available in plenty of numbers for full day local sightseeing. You may contact Kashi Da(Toto) – 8016176878.
Accommodations in Bolpur
- Mark & Meadows – 9434007777
- Hotel Shantiniketan Ph: 03463 254434/253905, 8972814563, 9434249763
- Hotel Nisha Ph: 03463 253101, 9832852661
- Sarada Lodge Ph: 9232699070, 9091830795
- Birbhum Guest House Ph: 9775526746, 9800749837, 9800088206
- Hotel Sathi Ph: 03463 254 630, 9073300674
- Sonajhuri Atithi Niwas Ph: 9635200496, 8972726167
- Ashirbad Lodge Ph: 03463 253389, 97752257778, 9679860336, 9434142601, 9800906901
- Ram Shyam Village Resort Sonajhuri Ph: 7076319664, 9475032810, 8371828780
- OYO 30490 Shakuntala Village Resort Ph: 8116994188, 9232637439
- La Sonajhuri Resort Ph: 7076617633, 9851646185, 7076617644
- Rupsagar Lodge Ph: 9434307150
- OYO 30449 Green Chili Ph: 9832277095, 7210101502
- Ravi Chaya Ph: 9434141375
There are also a huge number of hotels in Prantik.
It is advisable to book hotel or lodge if going in the time of Poush Mela.