Ghatshila, located in Jharkhand in the banks of River Subarnarekha has river, lake, hills, waterfalls, dams, temples all in one place & just 4 hours train journey from Kolkata makes it a growing & one of the favourite weekend destinations from West Bengal.
- Top 12 Places to Visit in Ghatshila with Itinerary
- How to reach Ghatshila from Kolkata?
- Auto Hire
- Must Do in Ghatshila
- Hotels in Ghatshila
Also check our Weekend Getaways From Kolkata.
Top 12 Places to Visit in Ghatsila with Itinerary
Previous Day: Board Steel Express from Howrah in evening & reach Ghatsila by night, OR,
DAY 01: Reach Ghatshila in morning by HWH-BBN Janashatabdi Express or Ispat Express & visit Burudi Lake(Boating facilities available), Dharagiri Waterfalls, Phuldungri Hill, Subarnarekha Riverside, Raatmohna Riverside(to see the Sunset). Night Stay – Ghatshila, Garudih or Duarsini WBSFDC Cottages.
DAY 02: Rankini Temple, Ramakrishna Math, Gourikunja(House of Late Bibhuti Bhushan Bandyopadhyay), Hindustan Copper, Sidheswari Shiv Temple, Galudih Barrage, Jadugorah Hill Top hike. Return same day in BBN-HWH Janashatabdi Express in evening or next day or continue to Jamshedpur.
You can reserve an auto or car to go around these places.
How to reach from Kolkata?
By Train: Many trains run between Howrah & Ghatshila. Click on the links for timetables of trains from Howrah(HWH) to Ghatshila(GTS) & Ghatshila(GTS) to Howrah(HWH). Book your tickets from IRCTC website or IRCTC app.
By Bus: Buses plying between Kharagpur & Jamshedpur ply through Ghatsila.
By Road: Distance from Kolkata to Ghatsila is 230 kms.
Also check our Resorts near Kolkata for Weekend Chillout.
Transportation / Auto Hire
You can reserve a car or will get many autos outside Ghatsila railway station, they have fixed fare chart for sightseeing & drops. Few auto driver contacts are given below:
Must do things
- Boating in Burudi Lake
- Hike to Dharagiri Falls
- Hike to Jadugorah Hill Top
- Sunset in Raatmohna Riverside
Hotels in Ghatsila
Distance mentioned in kilometers are from Ghatsila Railway Station.
- Aranyak Resort (12 kms) – 736288864, 7367070203
- JN Palace (2 kms) – 8757443540
- JTDC Hotel Bibhuti Vihar (4 kms) – 9097722600, 9771034151, 9800732137, 6585 226506
- Hotel Aakashdeep (1.5 kms) – 06585 225 799, 9431543968, 9570058969
- Hotel Jyoti Palace (2 kms) – 6585 225 353
- Anandita Lodge/Hotel Meridian (1.5 kms) – 6585 225 624, 9431542967
- Suhasita Resort (1.7 kms) – 9771831877
- Annasha Resort – 9430735461
- Hotel Safari (1.5 kms) – 6585 225 722, 6585 227323, 8409865285
- Hotel Shalimar – 6585 227200
- Hotel Oasis (1.5 kms) – 9334644635
- Galudih: Galudih Resort (11 kms) – 9570200268
- K D Palace (11 kms) – 9830674328, 8969506683, 26771119, 26771117
- Banabithi Guest House (11 kms) – 9830674328, 26771119, 26771117
- Rajanigandha Guesthouse (11.5 kms) – 9831047709, 9874742679
- Duarsini WBSFDC Cottage
Also check our Kolkata Travel Guide.